Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Psalm 8:4 ~ Macro God vs micro self

S. Ps 8:4"What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"

O. "I look at your macro-skies, dark and enormous, your handmade sky-jewelry, moon and stars mounted in their settings.Then I look at my micro-self and wonder, why do you bother with us?Why take a second look our way? (from MSG)

Like David, I stand in awe of our great God. I think "who am I, Jesus, that You call me by name?"

A. It's good to realise "our place." God's awesome, enormous, glorious presence vs. our faint, vapour-like short existence. If we grasp this comparison, it enlarges our appreciation for such a great God to love one so small - like you and me.

P. God - I'm thankful for your enormous love. Thank you for being interested in the details of my small life.

No comments: