Thursday, May 29, 2008

Psalm 144:1 "...who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

David was a mighty warrior... and songwriter / musician. He was skilled in both these areas. And there is a symbolic crossover between the two sides.

Through songs and worship we wage spiritual war. David played his harp for king Saul and this calmed him. 1 Samuel 16:23

Through anointed music, hardened hearts are opened & broken hearts are soothed. As a musician in the church I look to God to "train my hands for war, my fingers for battle." I work, with Gods help, to improve the skill level of my "weapon" (for me that's singing and playing the guitar) so I don't fumble in the midst of battle. The battle could be those moments where God is working in people's hearts through a song, and you don't want to distract from the moment by fumbling or being unprepared.

As a worship pastor and song leader, I strive to model to the rest of my team the discipline of practise & continued lessons, longing to inspire them to grow and become skilled as well.

Worship Pastor Guy

No comments: