Sunday, June 22, 2008

Journaling Sample

Here is an example of journaling using the S.O.A.P. method (see my previous blog for more info), after reading Psalm 56.

S. Ps. 56:3 "When I am afraid, I will trust in You."

O.
This great , famed man of God (King David ~ writer of this Psalm,) who experienced so much of God's might & power... is afraid. He's "human" after all. But we also see how David deals with this fear... by trusting in God... relying on Him.

A.
When I'm afraid, anxious, stressed - I can easily try to take matters into my own hands. I want to be in control... always! - And that's the problem. I can't always be in control - it's impossible. I have to look outside myself to someone bigger than I. I know fear - but I also know someone who is bigger than my fear. God! He helps me overcome my fear.

P.
Lord - you are the great God, King of all Creation. Help my overcome those things in life that cause me to fear or to be anxious.




P.S. After I've finished journaling, I reflect back on what I just wrote, and come up with a title for this page. I called this one "Bigger than I." I write it at the very top with a page number, and also in my index at the front of my journaling book.

Hope this inspires folk out there to journal more.

Blessings

Worship Pastor Guy.

No comments: