Sunday, June 1, 2008

Another Sunday Complete

Man, Sunday's sure come around faster than I can sometimes keep up with.
Now I'm at home relaxing, looking back on two services that had gone really well. People's hearts were engaged and the Gospel was preached... I'm sure God was smiling.
And that's really what it's about, eh? Making Him smile... making Him proud... getting His nod of approval... because His opinion matters most of all.

The Danish philosopher, Kierkegaard, compared worship to a dramatic
production. In worship, it often seems as though the worship leader is the actor
and God is the prompter, whispering into his ear, telling him what to do next.
The congregation listen and, at the end, the 'applaud' if they like the way he's
led worship, or throw things if they don't.
But Kierkegaard said that's all back to front. In the reality, God is the audience,
the congregation are the actors and the person leading worship is the prompter,
simply keeping the production going. So when we come to worship, we come wanting
to please God alone, offering to him our very best.

That's why I like the words to Paul Baloche's song, "My Reward." (based on
Matthew 25:21)
I want to hear you say words to me - "Well done."
I want to hear you say "Good and faithful servant."

If you want to listen to this song, look for it in the list of songs under free resources at Paul's Web page : http://www.leadworship.com/index.html

Till later

Worship Pastor Guy

No comments: