Monday, April 16, 2012

In Christ Alone




In Christ Alone
Stuart Townend, Keith Getty


Song in ¾ time.  *Intro: D Dsus D

D                 G        D            G          A
(1.)     In Christ alone my hope is found;
Bm            G              Em          A7         D
He is my light, my strength,         my song;
         G         D                G         A
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Bm                        G           Em       A7      D
Firm through the fiercest drought  and storm.
          D/F#          G               D             A
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
          D/F#          G                  Bm          A
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
        
G       D           G       A
My comforter, my all in all -
Bm                G         Em     A7     D       *
Here in the love of Christ       I stand.

D                G         D                G          A
(2.)    In  Christ alone! Who took on flesh,
Bm               G         Em      A7            D
Fullness of God in help     -       less babe!
G         D               G             A
This gift of love and righteousness,
Bm G           Em       A7         D
Scorned by the ones He came            to save.
       D/F#          G           D       A
Till  on   that cross as Jesus died,
D/F#     G          Bm     A
The wrath of God was satisfied;
G      D        G            A
For ev’ry sin on Him was laid;
Bm                G   Em     A7     D    *
Here in the death of Christ           I live.



D              G             D           G       A
(3.) There in the ground His body lay,
Bm                  G           Em    A7       D
Light of the world by dark  -  ness slain;
           G           D             G         A
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Bm                 G          Em      A7      D
Up from the grave He rose            again!
        D/F#          G          D        A
And  as     He stands in victo – ry,
        D/F#          G        Bm       A
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
     
G       D G       A
For I am His and He is mine -
Bm                        G            Em     A7         D    *
Bought with the precious blood        of Christ.



D             G         D          G          A
(4.)  No guilt in life, no fear in death -
Bm               G               Em     A7      D
This is the pow’r of Christ    -    in me;
          G              D         G         A
From life's first cry to final breath,
Bm               G             Em   A7   D
Jesus commands my des    -   tiny.
      
D/F#       G D          A
No pow’r of hell, no scheme of man,
       D/F#       G Bm           A
Can ever    pluck me from His hand;
       
G         D           G           A
Till He returns or calls me home -
Bm               G              Em     A7     D      
Here in the pow’r of Christ        I'll stand.  
[*repeat last 4` lines]





In Christ Alone Chord Talk








No comments: